Monday, July 4, 2011

The Witches Brew











































In fifth grade my classmates and I were asked to bring our favourite drink to class. With no exclusions we took every beverage mixed it together in a bowl and created what was called a "Witches Brew". Somehow apple juice, coca cola, grape juice, iced tea and all the other sugary ingredients created a flavour only a 10 year old could gulp and smile over. So when people ask me "what's in style?" I can't help but think back to that flavourful punch. Somehow after all these decades our closets have become a witches brew of sorts. Fortunately we can take hippy chic from the 60's, mix it with the glitter of the 70's, toss in some rock edge from the 80's, incorporate bold color from the 90's and step into 2011 completely confident. Although today I would take a fashionable cocktail over that unforgettable punch, I've discovered that 20 years later mixing it all together can still be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment